Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No Fear

Standing on the cusp of a life changing event I find myself drawn to a poster that has been hanging on the wall in my office for many years.

It simply states

We take these risks
Not to escape life,
but to prevent life
from escaping us

Dont let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

Powerful words that make me remember, that being afraid is ok, as long as you still follow your dreams.
So with the desicion already made, I find that even though my heart sits in my gut I am still confident about the upcoming changes in my life.

I have done some truly scary things in life, climbed mountains, rafted rivers, skydived, got married and had children yet it is the choices that affect those very things that are the scariest.

Choices about life and the future, choices where you cannot know the outcome.

Hard choices that you are forced to make, choices that you make because you cannot now what the future holds. You can only make the best choice possible with the information you have at hand and then go forward and live it to it's fullest.

Embrace the change and the challenge.

No regrets



No comments:

Post a Comment